Tobacco Policy Project/State Legislated Actions on Tobacco Issues (SLATI)
Welcome to the American Lung Association’s Tobacco Policy Project/State Legislated Actions on Tobacco Issues (SLATI) website. This website is home to the online version of SLATI, which tracks state tobacco control laws, such as restrictions on smoking in public places and workplaces and tobacco taxes, on an ongoing basis. It is the only comprehensive and up-to-date summary of tobacco control laws in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- View your state’s tobacco control laws by clicking on a state on the map below or by clicking here.
- See how your state measured up in our 2013 State of Tobacco Control report.
- To learn more about SLATI, and view an electronic version of SLATI 2010, click here.
This website also has a wealth of information on tobacco control laws and policies. For more information, click on the links below:
- For information on smokefree laws and policies, click here. Twenty-eight states and the District of Columbia have passed comprehensive smokefree laws.
- For information on cigarette/tobacco taxes, click here. The nationwide average state cigarette tax is $1.51 per pack.
- For information on funding of tobacco prevention and cessation programs, click here.
- For information on other tobacco control policy issues and to view our tobacco policy trend reports, click here.